Thursday, July 9, 2009

Boondock Saints II update

According to the fancy paper I agreed to sign in order to see Boondock Saints II, it claims that "remarks and evaluations are not to be made via electronic or written device", so I guess that limits what I can tell you on this thing. Let me just make a few vague observations of the film to get you an idea of how this film went in my mind.

1) It was DEFINITELY the same style of direction.

2) It was total, unabashed fun. There are a few more serious bits, but just like the first one, the laughs are aplenty.

3) Willem Dafoe is very much missing from the film. there is a very hurried "He Died" subplot, but he is taken over by his Protege, a southern woman with a cowgirl demeanor.

4) There are also alot of parts that i didn't care for. It was "trying too hard to make them laugh" comedy, which was in the first one, but only for a bit. It's in the second one alot and make me upset, but other than that, it was very good.

At the end, I was very satisfied with the film, and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the first one.

Grade- B

If you liked Boondock Saints, Crank, and The Big Lebowski you will like this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment